By Debra Shankland
It’s a brand new year, and it’s possible that you’ve recently taken stock and perhaps decided to do some things differently.
Maybe you’ve resolved to learn a new skill, or sharpen an old one. Getting more exercise sure wouldn’t hurt. Maybe you’d like to spend more time with your family, or help your kids to find healthy ways to disconnect from their devices. Maybe you’d like to meet some new friends.
Joining the Ohio Mushroom Society now can help you meet all of these goals, for just $15 a year. A full year’s worth of benefits include:
- Six issues of the Mushroom Log, the OMS newsletter
- Receive advance notice of and participate in your choice of six – ten forays, including both major, multi-day forays
- Participate in the Annual Dick Grimm Memorial Banquet
- Take advantage of many learning opportunities with experts in identification, cultivation, and more
- Receive a discount on membership in the North American Mycological Association
The Ohio Mushroom Society is the place for anyone to exercise their interest in mushrooms, whether those interests include identification, taxonomy, folklore, cultivation, cookery, crafts, photography, ecology, natural medicines, or just spending time in nature. Beginners and experts are both welcome.
Questions? Feel free to contact us! Check the board members page to learn how.