OMS Membership Benefits
Aside from the fun-filled personal interactions and life-long friendships you will forge as part of our group, club membership includes all of the following:
- Six email issues of our newsletter, The Mushroom Log, which contains a wealth of information including: news items, details on mushroom hunts (forays) in Ohio and across the country, recipes, identification and articles with tips on location, season and habitat. Note that the format of the newsletter is under review and we have temporarily suspended the print copy membership option.
- Access to the Members Only Portion of the Website (Coming Soon):
- Access to the full newsletter archive (general public only has access to the most current issue)
- Additional benefits as they are implemented.
- Participation in one or two weekend forays and several one day hunts. At our forays, we collect, identify and display as many different kinds of mushrooms as we can find. A good weekend could yield over 300 species. We also have slide programs, educational talks, and the learning experience of socializing with amateur and professional mycologists.
- Identification service.
- Associate membership discount in the North American Mycological Association (NAMA), a national amateur mushroom organization. Membership is regularly $30.00, but through the club, it is $25.00. (See below)
Our current membership fees are as follows:
- $15.00 annual family membership (newsletter via email and website only)
- $150.00 life membership (newsletter via paper, email, and website)
For more information, email Jerry Pepera at email@example.com
To Join: Simply fill out the OMS Membership Application and mail it along with your membership dues to:
Ohio Mushroom Society
c/o Jerry Pepera
8915 Knotty Pine Ln.
Chardon, OH 44024
Form for use at forays and functions: OMS Liability Release
North American Mycological Association (NAMA)
Your OMS membership entitles you to a discounted membership rate with NAMA. Visit their website for full details and other interesting mycological activities and information.
Link to the NAMA website where you can find their latest membership application information.